2014-07-29 06:00:59 UTC
Thu, 2014-07-24 16:12
If Silicon Valley folks are indeed the smartest of the smart, how could
they be so easily fooled on net neutrality?
Normally smarts distinguish between what's testable and real versus what
is the pixie-dust of dreams.
So where's the real data and sound scientific thinking behind Silicon
Valley's grandiose net neutrality presumptions?
Why isn't Silicon Valley adhering to its own data-driven, scientific
Summary of Silicon Valley's 6 Biggest Net Neutrality Fantasies:
* The law and courts don't matter.
* Congress doesn't matter.
* Calling for maximal regulation of ISPs poses no regulatory risk to
* "Separations" of the transmission component of telecommunications
from the computer processing component is easy.
* Having to make the case for Title II forbearance isn't acknowledging
that Title II would apply broadly.
* The FCC's forbearance tool is precise, controllable, and predictable.
Details of the 6 items are at the above URL.