A Wi-Fi Gig
2016-11-03 20:11:35 UTC
I need a helper to climb a ladder and put up 12 to 15 wi-fi WAPs and cable.
Normally I hire a casual laborer for this, but my client insists that my
helper either be an employee of mine and is covered by Workers' Comp or be
self-employed and carry $1 million in general liability insurance. Now,
that's no problem for me acting alone since I'm insured, but it gets
expensive to carry a WC policy for a year for someone I may not need more
than once in the next year (I do just about everything myself, but I'm not
going to climb a ladder to reach a 15-foot ceiling).

So, I'm looking for someone who is self-employed and carries a $1 million
general liability policy, is licensed, etc. To respond, send an email to me
and remove the "2" from the address. Also, please let me know your
available days and your rate.

Thanks.
David Kaye
Thanks.
Travis James
2016-11-05 19:17:23 UTC
Tried Craigslist?
Julian Macassey
2016-11-05 21:28:00 UTC
Post by Travis James
Post by David Kaye
Gosh, nobody wants to install 12 to 15 wi-fi units? This can be a
substantial amount of money for minimal work.
Tried Craigslist?
Needs someone insured etc. Not many casual people crry
insurance.
--
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
David Kaye
2016-11-05 22:32:43 UTC
Post by Travis James
Tried Craigslist?
Not yet because I figured I'd go directly to the place where a lot of people
who know this stuff hang out first. CL is my next choice.
David Kaye
2016-11-06 00:48:24 UTC
Post by Travis James
Tried Craigslist?
Not yet because I figured I'd go directly to the place where a lot of
people who know this stuff hang out first. CL is my next choice.
So far nothing from CL. Looks like lots of people who work in this industry
don't carry general liability insurance. Makes sense, though. The minimal
amount of damage someone could do would be be far less than the premiums. I
suppose I could cause injury by dropping a router on someone's head as they
walk down the hallway...
Roy
2016-11-06 04:27:48 UTC
Post by Travis James
Tried Craigslist?
Not yet because I figured I'd go directly to the place where a lot of
people who know this stuff hang out first. CL is my next choice.
So far nothing from CL. Looks like lots of people who work in this industry
don't carry general liability insurance. Makes sense, though. The minimal
amount of damage someone could do would be be far less than the premiums. I
suppose I could cause injury by dropping a router on someone's head as they
walk down the hallway...
Let your fingers do the walking and just use an electrical contractor
sp[specializing in data wiring. Its not cheap but that is what your
customer wants
David Kaye
2016-11-16 08:24:40 UTC
Solution to my helper situation: Temporary labor companies such as Labor
Ready have people who have done this stuff before, and they take care of all
the employee stuff. All I gotta do is pay them. My first helper has been
great.