Comcast Dealers at Big Box Stores
sms
2014-10-31 13:31:16 UTC
I was talking to a Comcast dealer at a big box store the other day and
he was telling me the options for Internet service. 25Mb/s was $30 per
month which is no longer being offered directly from Comcast (they have
6Mb/s for $30/month and 50Mb/s for $40 per month. These were 12 month
prices, but I got the usual spiel about how, after the one year, I
should call him, and not Comcast, to get the same deal again.

If you're getting Comcast service, you definitely do not want to contact
Comcast directly, but find one of those tables at Fry's, Walmart, etc.,
where there is a reseller. Comcast is pretty smart in selling the same
service at a wide variety of price points in order to address different
market segments.

Other communications services have better offers at some stores as well.
For example, Walmart offers an AT&T GoPhone plan that you can't get
directly from AT&T, $45 for unlimited talk and text plus 1GB of data.
From AT&T you can get unlimited talk and text plus 500MB of data for
$40, but 500MB more data would be another $25.
<http://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-Mobility-45-Walmart-Exclusive-Email-Delivery/36040271>
but once you activate you can add funds from a discounted source and
stay on that plan.
Bhairitu
2014-10-31 18:04:16 UTC
Post by sms
[...]
From AT&T you can get unlimited talk and text plus 500MB of data for
$40, but 500MB more data would be another $25.
<http://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-Mobility-45-Walmart-Exclusive-Email-Delivery/36040271>
but once you activate you can add funds from a discounted source and
stay on that plan.
In my neighborhood they're responding to Astound moving in. I have
U-Verse and they are always emailing, calling occasionally and lots of
snail mail trying to get me to sign up to their TV. I cut the Comcast
cable a year ago. Astound doesn't do contracts but they haven't moved
down this street yet. I asked at their booth at the Halloween Fair
downtown last Sunday when they were coming down the street but the guy
didn't know. His deal for 55 mbps was $29.95.