Oakland's StingRay phony cell tower being upgraded for 4G LTE
2014-09-28 04:58:56 UTC
Bend over and grab your ankles, the US Constitution continues
to be dismantled.

Long article here:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/2-investigates-local-police-look-upgrade-their-sec/nhR6M/

$535.000 for the upgrade ain't exactly chicken feed.

Article doesn't reveal the StingRay's capabilities, but that
info can be easily found searching the 'Net. I doubt it'll do
your laundry, fix your breakfast, and wipe your behind though. :-)

2014-09-29 18:31:57 UTC
$535.000 for the upgrade ain't exactly chicken feed.
What these "law enforcement" folks fail to see is that the best way to crack
cases is to simply talk with people. That's how I found out that the barge
parked in SF Bay belonged to Google, even though the space was leased by
another company and Google kept the whole thing under wraps. Even if sworn
to secrecy, people (especially men) will boast about what they're doing.

John Slade
2014-09-29 18:55:58 UTC
$535.000 for the upgrade ain't exactly chicken feed.
What these "law enforcement" folks fail to see is that the best way to crack
cases is to simply talk with people. That's how I found out that the barge
parked in SF Bay belonged to Google, even though the space was leased by
another company and Google kept the whole thing under wraps. Even if sworn
to secrecy, people (especially men) will boast about what they're doing.
That's the truth. When reporters wanted to find out about
the latest secret US Military aircraft, the smart ones didn't
try to sneak on bases or watch from the sticks. They just went
to the bars where the pilots and other people on the projects
hung out and started buying them drinks. Pilots tend to be
pretty macho and love to brag even more so when they're drunk.

John
Peter Lawrence
2014-09-30 18:28:40 UTC
What these "law enforcement" folks fail to see is that the best way to crack
cases is to simply talk with people. That's how I found out that the barge
parked in SF Bay belonged to Google, even though the space was leased by
another company and Google kept the whole thing under wraps. Even if sworn
to secrecy, people (especially men) will boast about what they're doing.
That's the truth. When reporters wanted to find out about the latest
secret US Military aircraft, the smart ones didn't try to sneak on bases or
watch from the sticks. They just went to the bars where the pilots and other
people on the projects hung out and started buying them drinks. Pilots tend
to be pretty macho and love to brag even more so when they're drunk.
John
The military has long known that this is a major security problem, as the
old World War II idiom states, "Loose lips sinks ships."

- Peter