AAACCCKKK! Yahoo Bounces Email
David Kaye
2014-04-19 22:28:46 UTC
One of the broadcast lists I'm on has cancelled my subscription because of
too many bounces. That is, too many bounces to a valid Yahoo email address
I've had for over 15 years. Sheesh!

And in reading email, I'm getting the "temporary error 16" whereby I have to
load and reload about 3 times before I see the email.

I've always been a big fan of Yahoo, but this really tries my patience.
Maybe Marissa Mayer is purposely sabotaging Yahoo. After all, she did work
for the enemy, Google. Are we sure she's not being paid by Google to screw
up Yahoo? She had significant stock holdings in Google. Do we know for
certain that she's operating in the best interests of Yahoo? Did Yahoo
require her to sell her Google stock? I suspect not.

I notice that Yahoo is promoting the things where it's not in competition
with Google, such as sports and finance, but is laying low with the social
network features, or is otherwise screwing them up (such as the Neo Groups).

I suspect a traitor.
Thad Floryan
2014-04-19 23:09:13 UTC
Post by David Kaye
[...]
'Tis possible:

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Obama-s-Bay-Area-visit-May-8-to-include-Y-5414116.php

along with this:

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Yahoo-CEO-Marissa-Mayer-paid-24-9-million-last-5411283.php

noting an earlier article at SFGate when she joined Yahoo revealed she
gets approximately $50 million whether she succeeds or fails.

The person responsible, as a project leader of Yahoo Groups, for hosing
Yahoo Groups with the NEO abortion is the person who authored this:

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/75580353805/your-group-homepage-photo-is-back

whose LinkedIn entry shows *ZERO* experience with UX, website design,
or user interface design:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/aravindsampath

Thad
jonz
2014-04-20 00:44:20 UTC
Post by Thad Floryan
Post by David Kaye
[...]
oooooh... gotta love these conspiracy theories.

Jonz
b***@MIX.COM
2014-04-20 17:33:00 UTC
Post by Thad Floryan
The person responsible, as a project leader of Yahoo Groups, for hosing
http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/75580353805/your-group-homepage-photo-is-back
whose LinkedIn entry shows *ZERO* experience with UX, website design,
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aravindsampath
Speaking of authored, the guy can't write. Example (from Linkedin) -

| Aravind is currently Global Product Leader for one of 12 key products
| Yahoo! is investing deeply into.

Yea, ok, which one? And, "deeply into" ?? Har.

Sadly, these days, in the world of CEOs, US$50MM doeesn't buy a whole
hell of a lot of leadership.

Oh, and if you're expecting these morons to fix your email, groups,
or whatever, I have some very bad news for you. The chances of that
happening are slim, and none. My money is on none.

Billy Y..
--
sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte
add #9.+1 ,r0 ; to an integer
bcc 20$ ; not a number
sms
2014-04-20 01:04:51 UTC
Post by David Kaye
[...]
Unlikely since Yahoo's mail problems began before Mayer even arrived.

Yes Yahoo mail has gotten worse since then and it's Mayer's
responsibility (see
<http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayer-cant-be-happy-with-this-setback-to-yahoo-mail-2013-5>
but it's a real stretch to say that it was intentional. They've been
wrecking other products they offer as well. It's more cluelessness than
anything else.
Jeff Liebermann
2014-04-20 01:33:00 UTC
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 15:28:46 -0700, "David Kaye"
Post by David Kaye
I suspect a traitor.
"Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by
stupidity." (Hanlon's razor)

"For every grand failure, there is an equally grand culprit." (Me)

Apparently, you're not the only one with the problem:
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html>
<https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140419132317AAxC4Sz>

Let the firings and reorganizations begin. (About 3 weeks and no fix
or promise of a fix in sight).
--
Jeff Liebermann ***@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Kevin McMurtrie
2014-04-21 04:35:09 UTC
Post by David Kaye
[...]
It's about time that Yahoo mail finally died.

I've been refusing Yahoo e-mail for years because they have too many
problems with hijacked accounts and not enough (zero?) people handling
abuse complaints. They're also a favorite return address for scams.

Blocking 100% of e-mails from Yahoo's servers or mentioning Yahoo in the
header results in a false positive rate less than 1%. If you also
factor in Taiwan's massively infected networks using Yahoo's Kimo.com,
the false positive rate is very close to zero.