Halted Specialties Corporation Building Being Demolished
sms
2014-07-14 20:49:52 UTC
I was in HSC last week and they said that their building is "going
condo." Hopefully they will find a new location.
Kevin McMurtrie
2014-07-15 05:42:19 UTC
Post by sms
I was in HSC last week and they said that their building is "going
condo." Hopefully they will find a new location.
They've been holding moving sales for the past few years.

I want to like the place but they just don't work. I can buy perfectly
working components online cheaper and faster than I can buy damaged
components from HSC using a flashlight and magnifying glass. It's rare
to find anything interesting there.
sms
2014-07-15 21:26:38 UTC
Post by Kevin McMurtrie
Post by sms
I was in HSC last week and they said that their building is "going
condo." Hopefully they will find a new location.
They've been holding moving sales for the past few years.
I want to like the place but they just don't work. I can buy perfectly
working components online cheaper and faster than I can buy damaged
components from HSC using a flashlight and magnifying glass. It's rare
to find anything interesting there.
When you just need a small quantity of something and don't want to pay
for, or wait for, shipping, HSC is useful. Good selection of standoffs,
spacers, and various sizes of nuts and bolts. If only Olander would put
up a decent web site, but that's not happening.

We found some very useful XYZ stepper motor motion tables at HSC and we
are using them in a calibration fixture. They can move in sub-micron
increments.