Catalyst Control Center (AMD drivers instalation)
t***@gmail.com
2014-07-24 13:00:16 UTC
Hello,
can anybody confirm whether installation of CCC into different disk is save? Does AMD install drivers of graphic card into system disk/partition (into Windows or Program files directory placed on c:) or into destination directory? I would like to install this application into different disk or maybe into different partition. I would like to know if this is save. If the disk or partition would be disconnected, what will happen?
Bhairitu
2014-07-28 19:27:19 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Hello,
can anybody confirm whether installation of CCC into different disk is save? Does AMD install drivers of graphic card into system disk/partition (into Windows or Program files directory placed on c:) or into destination directory? I would like to install this application into different disk or maybe into different partition. I would like to know if this is save. If the disk or partition would be disconnected, what will happen?
What I can tell you is that CCC is very fussy about permissions. It
need Administrator rights or the updates will download but not install.
Not a very well done app in my opinion. Wonder where they get their
engineers?