ICANN's list of eleventy-seven bazillion new and pending gTLDs
Thad Floryan
2014-05-20 01:20:00 UTC
CommLawBlog has an interesting article about the new gTLDs:

http://www.commlawblog.com/2014/05/articles/internet/theyre-heeere-new-gtlds-are-now-available-for-registration/index.html

and here's the list of an additional 2000 or so new and pending gTLDs:

https://gtldresult.icann.org/application-result/applicationstatus/viewstatus

Sigh, I can remember back in the 1970s email addresses like these two
***@mit-ai and ***@sri-kl long before *.com and *.edu followed by ones
like this ***@btr.com, ***@cup.portal.com and even bang paths like
..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad and ..!{decwrl|sun|mips}!thadlabs!thad
culled from my archives.

Now even Cisco has its own gTLD. .CISCO, as does .AMERICANEXPRESS

A quick glance at the ICANN list reveals .THEATRE, .CONSTRUCTION, and
even .BANK, .CONSULTING, .SEX, .EARTH, .SAFEWAY, and many more.

I wonder how many apps and clients (e.g., email) are going to break
with all the new long gTLDs.

Thad
Eli the Bearded
2014-05-20 19:00:07 UTC
Post by Thad Floryan
I wonder how many apps and clients (e.g., email) are going to break
with all the new long gTLDs.
One can only hope they put a nail in the coffin of stupid email address
"verification" methods.

Elijah
------
has been considering getting a punycode domain just to be difficult