Large Internet Outage in Morgan Hill
Roy
2019-08-08 18:23:06 UTC
A large outage started around 8:20AM.

Internet via Charter (Spectrum) is totally dead. Both cable and fiber
is affected. The report says some sort of fiber problem

Verizon cell service is spotty and data is down.
Roy
2019-08-08 18:48:56 UTC
Post by Roy
A large outage started around 8:20AM.
Internet via Charter (Spectrum) is totally dead.  Both cable and fiber
is affected.  The report says some sort of fiber problem
Verizon cell service is spotty and data is down.
Seems to be the result of a car crash. As of 11:15AM Spectrum didn't
have access to the site yet
vallor
2019-08-13 23:35:49 UTC
Post by Roy
Post by Roy
A large outage started around 8:20AM.
Internet via Charter (Spectrum) is totally dead.  Both cable and fiber
is affected.  The report says some sort of fiber problem
Verizon cell service is spotty and data is down.
Seems to be the result of a car crash. As of 11:15AM Spectrum didn't
have access to the site yet
Thank you for posting. Group has been moribund for a while, but there's
plenty going on with the Internet in the Bay Area.
-v
poldy
2019-08-15 22:12:22 UTC
Post by vallor
Post by Roy
Post by Roy
A large outage started around 8:20AM.
Internet via Charter (Spectrum) is totally dead.  Both cable and fiber
is affected.  The report says some sort of fiber problem
Verizon cell service is spotty and data is down.
Seems to be the result of a car crash. As of 11:15AM Spectrum didn't
have access to the site yet
Thank you for posting. Group has been moribund for a while, but there's
plenty going on with the Internet in the Bay Area.
Is there?

Still waiting for fiber or some alternative to Comcast to come to my block.

Now it's whether Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile will actually deploy home 5G
as they touted.
Eli the Bearded
2019-08-15 22:57:28 UTC
Post by poldy
Post by vallor
Thank you for posting. Group has been moribund for a while, but there's
plenty going on with the Internet in the Bay Area.
Is there?
Still waiting for fiber or some alternative to Comcast to come to my block.
I don't know what's keeping it off your block, but Sonic fiber came to
mine about two years ago and I see them continuing to march through San
Francisco. My gigabit connection has been pretty reliable and
inexpensive.

Also I've seen Sonic and Monkeybrains in the news over FCC stupidness
recently.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/07/this-is-crazy-fcc-kills-part-of-san-franciscos-broadband-competition-law/

(Basically the FCC is trying to override a SF law which lets Sonic and
Monkeybrains reuse now abandoned wiring.)

Ars Technica isn't a SFBA news source, they just like to report on
significant FCC backwardness (and, to be fair, they report on
particularly good things the FCC does, too, when that happens).

Elijah
------
under the current administration there's more of one than the other